LisaRaye McCoy (“Single Ladies”, “All of Us”, “The Player’s Club”) has teamed up with hair care company Red Pro Products and recently launched the eponymous “LisaRaye Celebrity Flat Iron”, the first in a series of “Diamond Collection” styling tools.
McCoy kicked off the product’s introduction in New York, where she visited a salon in Harlem, did interviews with Vlogger contest winners “Glamfun” from Boston and “ChinaCandyCouture” from Atlanta (see their competition videos and interviews at www.youtube.com/glamfun and www.youtube.com/chinacandycouture) and partied at the Cove Lounge with Monifah of “R&B Divas,” Jamie Foster Brown of “Sister to Sister” Magazine, several other celebrities, stylists and fans.
Although infused with crushed diamonds and branded with a celebrity name, LisaRaye, not unlike Halle Berry with her Scandale Paris line for Target, wanted to create a top-quality product accessible to women in all income brackets.
“I wanted to create an awesome, professional grade flatiron that was affordable for the everyday consumer,” McCoy said. “Everyone wants to have beautiful, healthy hair, but can’t necessarily afford to go the salon every week. My flatiron solves that problem.”
The LisaRaye Flat Iron Facts:
- Crushed diamonds are infused into the plates, which create an extra smooth surface with consistent heating, allowing styling with a finished look without the use of product.
- Consistent heating helps prevent damage to the hair when styling, and results in a smoother, shinier, healthier head of hair.
- Quick heat up and recovery, and variable temperature settings (up to 460 degrees)
- Package includes hair clips, a heat-resistant comb and carrying pouch for travel
- The flatiron is also designed for styling and curling, as well as straightening.
To learn even more about the Diamond Plated Flatiron and where to get it, click here.
article by Lori Lakin Hutcherson (follow @lakinhutcherson)